Access to Higher Education Diploma: Nursing and Midwifery
Why should I study this course?
If you want to or you are already working in a health care and nursing environment then this course could open up further opportunities for you. Nursing and Midwifery is a sector crying out for more skilled staff. Over one million workers will need to be trained and recruited to meet the demand for staff in nursing and midwifery by 2022. If you want to improve your existing skills or progress academically then this course is for you. The course will cover Genetics, Human Physiology, Infectious Diseases, Reproduction and a host of other subjects and provide you a good ground and preparation for a degree course in Nursing and Midwifery as well as other related courses in health care and treatment.
To get a place, you first need to register for an Assessment Day below at one of our training centres. Just pick the most convenient place and time for you, and then turn up with your documentation
- Proof of ID: passport or birth certificate .
- Proof of benefits: JSA award letter from JCP or bank statement showing your JSA payment not older than 2 months if you claim benefits
- Proof of address).
If you can prove your eligibility by bringing in all the necessary documents and you pass the initial assessment exam, you will be invited to enrol into the course. We’ll drop you an e-mail explaining the things you need to bring after you’ve chosen your time and place.
What will I study on this course?
- Biological Communications Systems
- Human Physiology
- Infectious Diseases
- Inherited Diseases
- Human Respiratory and Cardiac Systems
- Skeleton and Muscles
- Ethical Issues in Social Policy
- Sociology of Health
- Treatment and Therapies
- The National Health Service
- Infectious Control
Study Skills, English Language and Maths
- Producing a Written Assignment
- Research and Referencing
- English for Academic Study
- Maths in a Health and Care Context
What will I achieve?
Progression to higher education at degree level in:
- Adult Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Paramedic Nursing
- Dental Hygiene Therapy
- Social Work
In order to qualify for our courses, you need to be:
- Over 19 years when you start the course at Innolearn
- Resident in the UK or EU for the past 3 years with the right to work in the UK to avail UK funding
- Be able to pass an Entry Exam confirming your English and Maths levels
- International or self funded Students can apply at anytime.